Well, first week of school I had a lot of stuff going on, understandably. So I didn't have time to cast for the film. Which is a problem, because it's a character sketch film. AKA I need an actor. Well, who do I know if California who acts? No one at USC. But luckily Statler recently enrolled as a freshman at Pepperdine!! Woot. It took some serious begging, but I eventually coerced her into acting in my film. She really came through and spent part of her Labor Day weekend filming with me. In a door room with no AC. Poor Statler. But she was fabulous!
Anyway, so I had to think of a story/character. Because the professors wanted emphasis on the character and not on plot. Thought of something, Statler and I filmed it, and then I was done. So yeah, here's the finished product. I did minor edits and added end titles, but this is essentially what I screened in class.
PS. There isn't supposed to be sound, so don't turn up your speakers.
I apologize for the semi-crappy quality. I had to compress it from 24 fps (frames per second, standard speed for film) to 15 fps to make it the correct size to upload.
No comments:
Post a Comment