The world is trying to tell me that "Sarah" is the correct spelling of my name. Every day I'm confronted with people reasserting that my name should be "Sarah." My Starbucks drink is always labeled as such. Whenever I tell my name to people, it's not just my last name I have to spell out. Searching for me on Facebook is a nightmare for people who don't type in "Sara."
It's even getting to me! All my Sarah friends (OK, all of one) are/is named Sarah. So I'm always typing "Sarah." Whenever filling out forms online, I either have auto fill-in or I just go through it so fast I don't think about it. But sometimes, when referring to myself or just writing a statement in the third person, I type "Sarah." Or find myself almost typing "Sarah." And have to check myself. Because society constantly reinforces that "Sarah" is the correct and universally accepted spelling of the name.
Why does the world hate Saras?? It's just not fair.
I'm the minority. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When I refer to you, I always write Sara. :)
Post a Comment