10 February 2009

Snow!

So I realize I've been neglecting the blog. Like, three weeks behind neglecting. But I thought I'd give you an interim post to tide you over. English snow!

When it first started snowing, I began tracking it from my window while reading and doing homework. Snow began Sunday afternoon...the perfect time for it to start snowing for a snow day on Monday...

It begins! Check out how big the flakes are!

Dusting! The snow sticks!

Damn. Big. Snowflakes. Let it snow let it snow let it snow!

This is when we start hoping for no school...

Last picture before the sun goes down...

A bunch of us hang out and watch some TV, then go outside to play in the snow!!


Meeeee!! See Kate, picture of me! Anyway, this is me grabbing snow and flinging it in the air. Grabbing snow with my bare hands. And Sam kept messing up the picture (aka we were off timing-wise). So it took a few takes. And I couldn't feel my hands. :)

The headless snowman!

Someone made a snow angel! Very pretty...


Look at all the snow!!

Kendall (left) and Kristin (right) skipping! Kendall's from Louisiana, Kristin's from Texas...they were both very happy to see snow. I think this was Kendall's second time of seeing snow ever! They were possibly the most excited in our group about the snow. Them and all the British students who aren't accustomed to so much snow.

So the next day I had a 9 am class. And they hadn't officially cancelled classes yet. So I had to get semi-ready. Wake up at 7:45 am, putz around (aka stay in bed and obsessively refresh my email). Finally the email comes at 8:40 that classes are cancelled for the day. So I head back to sleep. 

Afternoon was spent walking around campus and observing everyone playing in the snow!!

Massive amounts of snow!!

View from afar up on a hill. See those dots on the far hill? Sledders. All sledders. People just grabbed stuff and wrapped trash bags around them and went sledding all day. :)

Close-up (kinda) of the sledders. So many! Quite the operation they have there.

So Mom has requested some pictures of the campus, and I figured it'd never look prettier than it does with snow, so I snapped some shots as I went to the library to return books due that day. Turns out they would've given me a day's leniency, but I found that out after-the-fact. Really, they should post information like this on the website!

Still snowing!






Not the prettiest architecture, but it's serviceable. 

The next day, Tuesday, was the worst. School was in session, but the sidewalks weren't *quite* clear, so we had to walk in slush and puddles and ice. Walking on Monday wasn't so bad because we could walk in the powder (good traction), but Tuesday...had to walk on the sidewalks. And it was messy. There were many pairs of wet and/or dirty pants.

Anyway, yay for an interim post! Now I have to post on London, Oxford, Stonehenge, Salisbury...I am waaaay behind.

No comments: